We know that many of our partners need to fundraise. We're here to help with ideas and resources.
Communicate the need:
- Over 200,000 children in Minnesota live in food insecurity and don't know where their next meal will come from. Communicate the need with people in your organization, and then give them an opportunity to respond through donating.
- Click here to download The Sheridan Story's Child Hunger Fact Sheet
- Click here to download a PowerPoint presentation you can use in communicating with your group (the file is 6.5 MB and may take a while to download depending on your Internet speed)
Fundraising promotional cards:
- We have developed promotional cards to use in your fundraising, efforts. Click here to order!
- These cards point to the website www.thesheridanstory.com/sponsors.
- We can work together to determine how you would like to fundraise:
- Fundraise online using our online tools
- Providing a path to link supporters directly back to your site
- Email your Program Coordinator to discuss the best option for your group!
Show new video:
- We have a five minute video that shares the work and impact of The Sheridan Story. It's a great way to share the mission!
- Here's the link: http://www.thesheridanstory.com/video-tssoverview/
Outside of your organization:
- Utilize your social network!
- The social network of your organization and that of the people within your organization may want this opportunity to give back as well!
- Encourage everyone in your organization to post on Facebook / Twitter / etc.
- Sample text (text in italics are place holders for you to enter your own information):
- "Will you join me in fighting child hunger right here in my community? Over 100,000 kids in the Twin Cities live in food insecurity, which is especially an issue on the weekends when they aren't at school. YOUR GROUP NAME is partnering with PARTNER SCHOOL NAME and The Sheridan Story to ensure kids have food each weekend. Click here to join us! ENTER LINK HERE"
- Other opportunities outside of your organization
- Block/Neighborhood Party.
- Employer Support - many employers will match donations made by their employees. The Sheridan Story is a 501(c)(3) and should qualify for these programs.
- Donate your birthday funds.
- "Jeans Day" at your place of employment.
- Run/walk a 5k and raise funds for TSS.